August 29, 2008

Baltimore!

I'm back! I went on a fun trip to Baltimore, MD. I went with 6 of my colleagues for a research project. We did a consumer taste panel on Canadian and U.S. steak. For each panelists we surveyed, we donated $25 to Big Brother and Big Sisters! We got 213 panelists! Great success! While we were there, we got to do some site seeing which was fabulous! Here are some pictures:

The White House (we didn't see Mr. President, although we did have a bet on how long it would take to get snipered down if I jumped the fence...)Washington Monument. Isn't this where the movie Forest Gump took place?

This is a picture of me up in the Washington Monument. I was very motion sick from the elevator up...and a little afraid of the height...This was a wall of stamps that were dedicated to President Lincoln. I thought they were beautiful.

Our group infront of the capitol building. We booked it all over D. C.!

Lastly, I made it to Round two over at Scrap for a cure!!! I'm so excited! There were so many great entries; I feel so honored! Here is my layout. We had to have "time" in the title and a clock on the page. Yay for round number two!
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics Lauren! looks like a fun trip! congrats on round 2!! well deserved! :)

Bianca said...

I was so happy to see you posted. I'm always checking. Great pictures.

jakey said...

Wow. Trip of a lifetime eh? Great pics to remind you of your adventure :-)

Leigh Penner said...

Great pictures-- looks like a wonderful trip!
Also congrats on getting to round 2 of So You Think You Can Scrap!!

Alice said...

Glad you were able to do some wonderful site seeing, I wish you could have seen some fall season. I love your layout, Congrats!

Kim Sonksen said...

ohhhh I wish I would have been on that trip too. Fab photos.
And i adore the layout! That embellie cluster at the bottom is to die for

Miss Mandy said...

LAUREN! I love your layout, it is adorable!!! What does it say on the side???