June 28, 2008

Florida!

Wow! It has been a few weeks since I last blogged! Opps. Well, my excuse is because I was in FLORIDA! About 30 of us at TTU DROVE to sunny Florida, where is rained the whole time :(...to a conference to tickle our brains. There were lots of contest that we were determined to win. TTU entered two teams in Taste of RMC where we didn't do well...:( We were hoping for a win for the 3rd year in a row and we could have retired the trophy! We ended up getting 4th and 6th...Our surf and turf beef roll did taste good though. The theme this year was "Asian" so we made a beef sushi roll! delicious. Here are pictures of our two teams:


We had a student social at the bowling alley where I got to hang out with an old friend. He is getting his PhD at CSU, so we don't get to spend time together much anymore. Both of us are Cal Poly Alumni's. Here we are being goofy: Lastly, we travelled to the beach in Florida on our way back to Texas. It was a blast. I loved it. I truly miss San Luis Obispo, where beaches were within 10 minutes. I got a little burnt. I missed a few spots with the sunscreen application :( This is a picture of the grad crew playing football in the ocean...a few of us got stung by the thousands of jelly fish that tried to play with us. oh does it burn!
What a trip! I want to go back already. What do you think Jacob? *hint*

Side note: M-O-M this is for you. The safest way to thaw your frozen tri-tip is in the REFRIGERATOR! As a plus, it doesn't get warm when you forget about it. Love your little meat scientist :)

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Alice said...

Oh Road Trip huh...Lauren sounds like a great time and experience for you! So proud of your determination!
Well should I say thanks for the tritip, tip. Okay got it, already!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like great fun!!! LOL about the tri-tip TIP. haha......are you picking on poor Alice? :)

Alice said...

ps. love the black T you have hugging Phil.
;)...didn't think i noticed huh?